From the misty mountains in Maine to the coastal charms of Cape Cod, there's no shortage of adventure in New England: Get ready to hit the road with Moon New England Road Trip. Inside you'll find:
- Multiple Routes: Choose from flexible road trips like a fall foliage tour, getaways from the cities, or the ultimate two-week route through all of New England
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: With lists of the best hikes, views, eateries, and more, you can trek among spruce trees in the White Mountains, cycle through Acadia National Park, or cruise down bucolic lanes of Woodstock. Take to the sea and spot humpback whales and puffin colonies, shop for wood-fired maple syrup, or snag a buttery lobster roll after a day at the beach. Dive into Boston's revolutionary history, sample farm-fresh produce in the Berkshires, party in Providence, or sip your way through some of the area's best microbreweries
- Maps and driving tools: Easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, detailed directions, and full-color photos throughout
- Local Expertise: Lifelong New Englander and road warrior Miles Howard shares the local secrets of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, and Rhode Island
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road trippers with kids
Looking to explore more of America on wheels? Try Moon Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trip! Spending more time in the city? Check out Moon Boston.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
About the Author
Having grown up in New England, Miles Howard is no stranger to the art of road tripping, from family treks to northern Vermont (to hunt for Christmas trees) and the islands of Midcoast Maine (to escape the tourist mobs). But in 2016, after multiple cross-country road trips, he found himself with a renewed passion for digging deeper into the New England landscape and its communities. He began writing about travel in his regional home—with lots of field research trips, of course.
Since then, he's covered New England travel with an eye for the peculiar and sublime—including charting the most beautiful trails of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont—and the best breweries—for his first travel guide, Moon New England Hiking. He traveled from Pittsfield to Provincetown using only municipal transportation and wrote about the adventure for Boston Magazine. He’s also written for Boston Magazine, The Boston Globe, Southwest Airlines: The Magazine, and others.