On Our Shelves Now
The industry bible for communication design and illustration professionals, with updated information, listings, and pricing guidelines.
Graphic Artists Guild Handbook is the industry bible for communication design and illustration professionals. A comprehensive reference guide, the Handbook helps graphic artists navigate the world of pricing, collecting payment, and protecting their creative work, with essential advice for growing a freelance business to create a sustainable and rewarding livelihood.
This sixteenth edition provides excellent, up-to-date guidance, incorporating new information, listings, and pricing guidelines. It offers graphic artists practical tips on how to negotiate the best deals, price their services accurately, and create contracts that protect their rights. Sample contracts and other documents are included.
For the sixteenth edition, the content has been reorganized, topics have been expanded, and new chapters have been added to create a resource that is more relevant to how graphic artists work today.
• More in-depth information for the self-employed on how to price work to make a sustainable living and plan for times of economic uncertainty.
• A new chapter on using skills and talents to maximize income with multiple revenue streams—workshops, videos, niche markets, passion projects, selling art, and much more.
• Current U.S. salary information and freelance rates by discipline.
• Pricing guidelines for buyers and sellers.
• Up-to-date copyright registration information.
• Model contracts and forms to adapt to your specific needs.
• Interviews with eleven self-employed graphic artists who have created successful careers,using many of the practices found in this Handbook.
About the Author
The Graphic Artists Guild is a membership organization of creative professionals working in the graphic arts fields.
"Excellent....the handbook contains invaluable information about virtually every aspect of running a freelance design business. The entire book is organized for quick reads on all the topics. If you’re getting started in the design business looking for pricing, business and ethical guidelines, or even a seasoned pro looking for salary comparisons or a knowledge brush-up, this book is a must-have."
—The Graphic Mac (praise for the 15th edition)
Thu, 06/09/2022 - 7:00pm