Grow your own vegetable garden with this practical, straightforward gardening guide.
There is nothing more fulfilling than growing your own home produce. You don’t have to be a seasoned gardener to produce a healthy, flourishing garden — all you need is a few seeds, water, sunlight, good advice and patience!
In just one raised bed, author Huw Richards shows you exactly how to grow vegetables organically, abundantly and inexpensively so you have something to harvest every month of the year. Here’s what you’ll find inside:
• A month-by-month guide showing you what to do and how to do it, including what pests to look out for and what can be harvested
• Covers the first year in detail, with the final chapter on “Next Steps” providing suggestions of what to do in years two and three
• Illustrations show you what the bed should look like from month to month
• Includes instructions on assessing your site and building a 4 x 10ft raised bed
• Alternative vegetables are recommended, allowing readers to tailor their bed to their taste
Veg In One Bed shows you that you can have a small thriving garden and still be able to maintain it, yielding fresh vegetables all year round. Learn what to do each month on your windowsill, where you’ll raise seedlings and in your raised bed, where your plants will grow to maturity. Everything is explained in clear, illustrated steps: building your bed, growing from seed, planting, feeding and harvesting.
This gardening book not only guides you through the whole process of building your raised bed through to harvesting your vegetables, but also provides sustainable gardening practices that resonate with all gardeners committed to protecting our planet. This makes for the perfect book for new gardeners who want to grow their own produce, as well as the new generation of gardeners who are seeking a gardening guru of their own age.
About the Author
Huw Richards has been growing food using organic methods in his family's kitchen garden for the last 15 years. He is now on a mission to help and inspire as many people as possible grow their own food inexpensively. Huw's YouTube channel HuwsNursery has over 120,000 subscribers, and he has over 20 million views and 200,000 followers on his social channels.
Wed, 03/09/2022 - 7:00pm
Tue, 04/19/2022 - 7:00pm
Tue, 05/17/2022 - 7:00pm